This privacy notice outlines how the East Birmingham School’s Football Association will treat personal information provided to us. This information is collected so that we can effectively and efficiently organise our activities for our members and so is sought under the “legitimate interests” basis outlined in the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) legislation.
Why we need your data and what we use it for
In order to ensure that the running of the Association and its football calendar of activity is delivered, your contact details (including your name, email address and mobile number) are held in the Association’s digital records. Your information will be used solely for the purpose of planning, organising, administering, celebrating and governing schools’ football and will be made available only to those who need it for this purpose. If you don’t think you have given your consent, or if you are unsure about any aspect of this, please contact the EBSFA team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can withdraw your consent for all or any of these data uses at any time, by outlining your preferences in writing to the contact above.
When we no longer need your data
We will retain your information until your child ceases playing with the Association. After that, your contact details will be deleted, unless you expressly ask us to keep in touch.
Why we need your child’s data and what we use it for
Information about your child will be collected so that:
· Our records hold their names, contact details and next of kin/emergency contact details;
· We can report on and celebrate individual participation and team achievements;
· We can provide appropriate medical and/or welfare precautions for players;
· We can use imagery in publicity, subject to appropriate consents and safeguards;
· An archive of players can be retained, in the interests of the Association’s history;
· We can keep in touch with players after their time with the Association, if you permit us to do so.
When we no longer need your child’s data
When your child ceases playing with the Association, we will:
· Retain their participation record for the archive (for example this may include names in programmes, awards ceremonies and other rolls of honour);
· Retain their contact details, so that we can keep you updated with any of the Association’s activity which may continue to be of interest to you after you have left us, if you expressly ask us to;
· Confidentially destroy the remaining information about your child, giving particular regard to the security of health/welfare records
Sharing of data
You and/or your child’s personal information will not be shared with others beyond that described here unless the Association is legally obliged to do so under English law for statutory, legislative or regulatory purposes.
Should any of your details change at any point, or should you wish for your details to be removed, please contact the EBSFA team at email@example.com and the records will be amended accordingly without delay.
Accessing your data
If you wish to access the information we hold about you, you can do so by submitting a “subject access request” to the Association by contacting the EBSFA team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your correspondence “Subject Access Request” and we will respond within 40 days.
Any other queries
Any other queries relating to your information and how we use it should be directed to the EBSFA team at email@example.com.